Monday, August 3, 2009

REBEKAH REDEEMED BY DIANNE SAGAN


Thank you for returning to my blog to learn more about Dianne Sagan and her important book.
Rebekah Redeemed,
Dianne G Sagan
© 2009 Dianne G Sagan

Excerpt from novella:

Benjamin sized up the little girl. A flicker of recognition in the older man’s eyes quickly turned to ice. Stepping closer he reached down to the child and she pulled away. “Look at me, child,” he commanded with a little less animosity in his voice.
Rebekah lifted her chin and looked into her uncle’s brown, lined face. He pushed the shawl off her stringy brown hair, and for a moment the lines in his face softened and his eyes showed compassion. “You look like your mother,” he mumbled to himself. Then he stood back, cleared his throat and narrowed his eyes once more.

“You want me to take her in, is that it?”

“Yes. We have little and cannot take her as our own.”

“What is in it for my wife and me?”

“She is strong and a good worker. She is good with lambs. She can help with cooking and drawing water. I know she looks small, but she is strong and obedient. She could be a useful addition to your household. A daughter is not like having a son, but they can work.” Caleb tried to sell the idea to the shopkeeper.

“Well,” he sized up the child and scratched his bearded chin. “She could help my wife.” He stood in silence, strolled out into the street, and looked up and down at his friends and neighbors. Then, turning on his heel, he walked back to Caleb and said without emotion, “You asked around the village for me? Others know of the child?”

“We asked people so we could find you.”

With one more glance up and down the street, Benjamin saw the rabbi walking toward them. “The Torah does say that we are to care for orphans and widows. She is my dead sister’s child, no matter what else happened between us. I will take her in, but not as a member of my family.”

“Shalom. May you...”

Benjamin reached for the girl. He interrupted Caleb, “I will not pay you for her. Go back where you came from. I take her because it is my duty under the Law of Moses.”
Caleb turned to go. Benjamin pushed Rebekah toward the back of the shop. She looked over her shoulder at her father’s friend for the last time.

“Come. You must meet your mistress. You have taken up enough time. I have a business to run and customers to serve.” He spoke as if he were an important man.

Rebekah stepped through the door into a small courtyard and into a new life. She prayed silently that it would get no worse.


Rebekah Redeemed ISBN: 978-0-937660-52-2
Now available online at AWOC.com or Amazon.com

Dianne Sagan's websites:
http://dgsagan.tripod.com/
www.diannesagan.wordpress.com
http://www.authorsden.com/diannesagan

Kathy Stemke's websites:

Moving Through all Seven Days link:http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/moving-through-all-seven-days/7386965#http://www.helium.com/users/406242.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/237923/Kathy_stemke_dancekam.html
http://kathystemke.weebly.com
Add to Technorati Favorites

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a very interesting story. I like to learn about other cultures in other parts of the world. Some books are boring because, although they have an interesting plot and characters, the setting is a ho hum city or rural town that is not very exciting. Best wishes for your success.

Stephen Tremp
http://www.stephentremp.blogspot.com/

Dorothy Massey said...

I enjoyed reading the extract very much. I've always been fascinated by biblical characters and settings, Diane introduces Rebekah's plight so well, Dorothy

Karen Cioffi said...

Stephen,
I did a review for Rebekah Redeemed. In fact, I just posted the review on Amazon.

It's a wonderful and descriptive story that brings you into Jesus' time through the story of Rebekah. I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Karen Cioffi
http://www.dkvwriting4u.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for visiting everyone.

Dianne G. Sagan said...

Thank you for having me this month, Kathy. And thank you to everyone who visited. I hope you all will enjoy Rebekah Redeemed.

Donna McDine said...

Terrific information that quickly pulls one in. The wonderful book cover helps too!

Regards,
Donna M. McDine
Marketing Manager, SFC Magazine
SFC: Families Matter Blog
SFC Magazine Website

Liana said...

Thanks for sharing, sounds an interesting story with a beautiful cover. Good luck!
Liana