Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Find Your Niche! By Joe Twelves

Another summer has gone and school is once again in session. For high school students, the pressure and uncertainty of what they “want to be when they grow up” will be looming over them as they get nearer and nearer to graduation. There are few teenagers that can answer, with certainty, that cliché question.

When I was in high school and was asked what I wanted to do for a career, I had no clue. I went home and basically asked my dad what I should do. My dad never misses a teachable moment and at that time, he came up with a task to help me decide what I wanted to do.

I began to interview friends, neighbors, and relatives about their careers to gain insight and knowledge that could, in turn, help me make that decision. Out of this teachable moment grew a great idea that we knew would be priceless for countless individuals in the same predicament- whether in high school, like I was… or later in life because they are unhappy in their job.



The book, ”Conversations: Find Your Niche” is a compilation of 150+ interviews with real working professionals. These conversations give priceless insight and advice to those who read it. Through reading the various interviews, a person can get a better feel for what career would fit them best, because it varies in every person. Along with the 150+ interviews are roadmaps and activities that will help pin point interests, talents, values and priorities that help make the best decision possible.

We all know someone who is not happy in their career, who is approaching high school or college graduation, or who has no idea “what they want to be when they grow up.” “Conversations: Find Your Niche” and its accompanying blog Career Decisions Made Easy , will help even the most undecided person make the informed decision that is necessary to Find Your Niche… even me!


BIO:
Author, Van Twelves (pictured right), Joe Twelves (pictured left) and their family members all worked together for almost a decade to complete their one-of-a-kind career resource book. They also formed Keeper Press LLC. The family’s goal is to help as many people as possible, find the career that is best for them through their book “Conversations: Find Your Niche!” which can be purchased at Amazon.com. Along with their five star book, the family also gives help through their blog, Career Decisions Made Easy . Twitter - @KeeperPress Email – JoeTwelves@KeeperPress.com



Kathy's comments: As a retired teacher I know what students go through as they decide which college and career they want to persue. Joe Twelves book is long overdue. It will benefit students and adults alike.

Kathy's websites:
Moving Through all Seven Days link:http://www.lulu.com/content/e-book/moving-through-all-seven-days/7386965#http://www.helium.com/users/406242.htmlhttp://www.associatedcontent.com/user/237923/Kathy_stemke_dancekam.htmlhttp://kathystemke.weebly.comFollow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/kathystemkeFollow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=6147172660&topic=4910#!/kathymarescomatthews.stemke?ref=profileAdd to Technorati Favorites

3 comments:

Caleb John said...

Wow, that is a AWESOME Post. I was reading a post on www.FranklinCruz.com and this guy is powerful. they call him the Real Estate Drill Sergeant. I know kind of weird, but he is a real Iraqi War Vet and a Successful Real Estate Investor/ Entrepreneur. Anyway, I just want to tell you guys about a straight up Expert not NO SCAM ARTIST GURU. Again, check it out for yourself www.reDrillSergeant.com

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a book my son should read. Thanks for sharing about this book.

Caleb John said...

Wow, that is a AWESOME Post. I was reading a post on www.FranklinCruz.com and this guy is powerful. they call him the Real Estate Drill Sergeant. I know kind of weird, but he is a real Iraqi War Vet and a Successful Real Estate Investor/ Entrepreneur. Anyway, I just want to tell you guys about a straight up Expert not NO SCAM ARTIST GURU. Again, check it out for yourself www.reDrillSergeant.com.