Monday, December 15, 2008
Zooprise Party/Fiesta Zoopresa by Rebekha and Joy Delgado
Zooprise Christmas Card
If you like Birthday parties or zoo animals, you'll enjoy this new book entitled, Zooprise Party/Fiesta Zoopresa. I am very happy to introduce authors Joy and Rebekha Delgado to my bloggers. They have written this wonderful bilingual (English and Spanish) picture book that every classroom would love to own. This is a charming story about exotic animals at the zoo planning a suprise party for Mori, the Okapi.
To compliment the book, Joy has created an activity book and a teacher's guide. The activity book is full of coloring pages, dot to dots, mazes, crossword puzzles, counting activities and even alphabet order exercises. The teachers guide has both pre and post reading discussion questions, arts and crafts ideas, games, and interesting facts about some exotic zoo animals.
Once you become a fan of this new book you can visit the Zooprise Party blog to find the latest zoo news, recipes, games and activities at : http://zooprisepartyfiestazoopresa.blogspot.com Get to know Zebee, the Laughing Zebra mascot. He is the blog's spokes-zebra. He will:
* keep you in the know about the happenings at the 'V Zoo'
* gather news about zoos from around the world and share the best with you
* present book reviews of some really great children books
This blog is a great resource for teachers and parents. It even has a recipe section.
Here is a Zooprise recipe for Birthday Carrot Cake
* 1 cup mayonaise
* 1 package yellow cake mix
* 4 eggs
* 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
* 2 cups finely grated carrots
Pick from the following to make your carrot cake special. Add one, two or all four!
* 1 cup raisins
* 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans
* 2/3 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
* 1 8 ounce can crushed pineapple, drained (leave out the water if you use this)
1. Beat mayonaise, cake mix, eggs, cinnamon and 1/4 cup water in a bowl.
2. Stir in carrots. Add any of the extra ingredients listed above at this time.
3. Pour mixture into greased 13"x9" pan.
4. Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350 degrees, or until center of cake sprngs back or knife comes out clean from center of cake.
5. Cool and then frost the top.
Follow this link for an interactive Zooprise Party puzzle:http://www.jigidi.com/puzzle.php?id=UMZF64RC
Thanks for visiting with us and learning about this exciting new resource for the classroom. Come back later this week to meet the authors and learn more.