Friday, January 23, 2009

THANKS TO ALL WHO SIGNED UP FOR MY NEWSLETTER!!


I've had a wonderful response to my monthly newsletter, "MOVEMENT AND RHYTHM." Thank you for all the positive feedback. Please indicate whether it would be OK to use your reviews on my blog.

Due to popular demand, next month I'm going to add a children's book review section. Some of these books will also have activity suggestions for the classroom!

If there are other topics that you would like to see included, please just email me with your suggestions. I hope this newsletter will be useful to parents, teachers and authors of children's books.

NEWSLETTER EXCERPTS:

Balance game–
How long can you balance on your tip toes?
Balance on one foot
Balance- two hands-two feet with hips up in the air
Balance on two hands and two feet with tummy up in the air
Balance on one hand and two feet.......

I SEE game-
When I say, “I SEE……….”
You say, “WHAT DO YOU SEE?”
Whatever I say next is what you have to pretend to be.
galloping horses
Jumping frogs
3 legged dog......

NEWSLETTER REVIEWS:

Both parents and teachers of small children will want to subscribe to Movement and Rhythm, a valuable new resource from educator and children's author, Kathy Stemke. This free newsletter is chock full of original articles, activities, and other offers to make education and teaching more fun and effective both inside and outside the classroom.

Suzanne Lieurance
The Working Writer's Coach
http://www.workingwriterscoach.com

I love your newsletter! As a classroom teacher working for the school district I am required to document my on-going "professional development." Frankly, it can become very boring. Your content is set up in easy to read blocks and the way it is written translates immediately into something I can do right now with the kids.
Please continue with this awesome resource!

Versana Polidore
Thomas Gibbs Elementary School
Classroom teacher


Kathy Stemke's "Movement and Rhythm" Newsletter is a must read for all parents and teachers of little ones. I remember having my children clean their rooms to music, as we sang little songs. Learning through movement and rhythm is a good means for teaching many things, as well as helping children learn to appreciate music. After all, many of us still sing the Alphabet Song to ourselves when we need to check the alphabet.

Vivian Gilbert Zabel
Publisher 4RV, Author, Educator
http://viviangilbertzabel.com/
http://www.helium.com/users/406242.html
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/237923/Kathy_stemke_dancekam.html
http://kathystemke.weebly.com
Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: